Friday, August 28, 2009

Google Search is Racist!

Well, apparently Google is getting hammered with a search.

Via NowPublic.com, Google has been spammed with searches for "white people stole my car." The effort has been so big that the phrase has been showing up on Google Trends for a few days.

The term, when search, leads to sites that contain viruses and even more spam. According to Google Insights, the phrase began being "searched" August 19.

There are also reports that when people searched for "white people stole my car," Google returned with "Did You Mean: black people stole my car?" But I find that part to be a bit far-fetched and unlikely to have actually happened.
-----------------------------

The file is most likely doctored, but this is just another weird thing to happen with Google. Remember the Chinese People search?

I still love you, Google.
PC

No comments: